Become a Vendor
Thank you for your interest in The Downtown Cary Food & Flea.
We are an outdoor community market held on 2nd Sundays in the heart of Downtown Cary. We’re proud to provide a marketplace for local small businesses creating handmade arts, crafts, vintage items and foods from local Triangle Vendors. Every vendor is carefully screened with a commitment to creating a diverse marketplace with the highest quality products available.
A JURIED MARKET, & WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
The Downtown Cary Food & Flea is a juried market. We are careful to pick vendors that offer high quality handmade or vintage items. We are a small market and we make sure that our vendors do not compete with each other giving each vendor a the opportunity to be unique and develop their following. This means, for example, we have a limited number of jewelry vendors, candle vendors, soap vendor, etc. that will be accepted.
Filling out an application does not guarantee a spot. Your application will first be screened by the board. We get an overwhelming amount of applications each month. If you are chosen for the market, we will notify you of an opening.
Thanks for your understanding!
Application Period January 1 - May 31
IMPORTANT NOTE #2:
Before we begin, there are some things we do not accept. If any of these are relevant to you, we politely ask that you do not apply to become a vendor:
Representatives that resell corporate or retail items.
Service providers looking for a place to promote their
Vendors selling offensive materials, tobacco or firearms.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. All vendors must fill out a Vendor Application and be accepted by the committee.
2. Vendors are chosen based on quality and variety.
3. We accept New Vendor Applications each year from January through May 31st.
4. A regular vendor fee is required each month and must be paid at least 15 days in advance with payment of $35.00
5. No spaces will be reserved without payment.
6. An NC Tax ID # is required.
7. Insurance is recommended.
8. Each vendor must supply their own table, displays, and 10x10 tent.
9. All tents must be properly weighted and be sure that your display can handle the elements. Be prepared for the weather & dress accordingly.
10. Must keep space clean and remove all garbage generated from the site.
11. There are 55 Vendor Spaces. Once full we cannot add any more.
12. The Downtown Cary Food & Flea has a total of 55 spaces. Many of these spaces are filled each month with our regular vendors. We have 20 rotating spaces each month for the opportunity for new vendors or vendors that want to select a few markets a year.
If You Need to Cancel: You may get a refund or defer your payment to another month if
you cancel 10 days prior to the event date. If you cancel less than 10 days out, you
forfeit your booth fee.
Weather Cancellation: If we have to cancel due to a major storm, we will do our
best to notify you in advance. If we cancel due to weather that is out of our control
we will defer your payment to another month of your choice. We hope this never
Space options are 10x10 booth space only.
What cannot be sold:
No offensive or provocative items
We do not accept resellers of corporate or retail items
Set-up & Tear-down
Set-up begins at 10:00 am
All vendors must be in place by 11 am
Tear-down only takes place immediately after the event ends at 4 pm
Must clean-up and remove all garbage from the sight
No spaces will be reserved without payment
The Downtown Cary Food & Flea will not be responsible for any stolen or damaged goods and materials.
We recommend each vendor have their own insurance.
Vendor assumes all responsibility for compliance with all pertinent ordinances and codes of Local, State and Federal governing bodies concerning rules and regulations.